Weight Painting
When looking into animations and rigging I also had to cover
painting of weights, which is simple in theory but long and more difficult than
it makes out to be. Essentially painting weights is when you manipulate the
weight of certain geometry so that it beds more easily or is more resilient,
for example if I was to animate a knee bend and the weights were to low, the
knee would bend and collapse with the back of the knee as well but if the
weights were increased and painted on the back of the knee they wouldn’t bend
and collapse as easy giving you more natural look to your animation without the
weird deformations.
This is a good skill to have when rigging and creating your
own animations it didn’t really play much of a role in my animations so I did
not delve too deep in to its mechanics but it’s something I will defiantly look
at I the future
Here is the video I used to help me develop my understanding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzI5PC2iB2s
No comments:
Post a Comment