Friday, 25 November 2016

Introduction and Research

Introduction and Research

For this unit, I have been asked to look into how to do basic rigging of characters and animating them, as well as this I must also make, rig and animate an asset. I could make these to go into my game demo for the end of the year but I thought this would constrain me too much in terms of creativity.

To begin with I searched the internet for possible animations used in games and movies and created a mind map about all the possible ones I could use, as can be seen below
From this I chose to do a walking animation, clapping animation, idle waiting animation, waiting animation and a superman launch into flight for some fun and for a challenge.


Before I began these I first searched the internet for references of all of these the easiest was the walk cycle since it’s the most common practice for animation, and then the superman launch since all the reference material was in the superman films and even in the matrix sequel, the rest I just found simple gifs and pictures to use for them.

This is the example i used for the superman launch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmD4hzrA9E


In terms of my asset I already knew I want some kind of campfire cooking equipment so I simply found images of these and picked the one I thought would fit with my design the most.


It didn’t take me too long to find the video I wanted to choose for my lip-sync, because I chose something from my favorite film and that was lord of the rings and the clip I chose you can see below.


No comments:

Post a Comment